Credit Union Response to Ukraine
CT Credit Unions Supporting Ukraine
Connecticut’s Credit Unions
Ukrainians, at home and abroad alike, are enduring the devastating effects of a military invasion. Innocent people are suffering from brutal and treacherous violence—and the United States is inextricably involved. Credit unions take seriously their core obligation to support their local communities and the individuals within them with the greatest needs.
- First, we will direct our immediate support to helping a) impacted Ukrainian-Americans in Connecticut and b) contributing to high-impact international aid initiatives.
- Second, we will greet with open arms and provide financial resources, services and counseling to those refugees that may come here.
Connecticut’s Credit Unions believe that we will provide the most benefit and greatest impact when we act collectively, cooperatively, and with unified purpose.
- The humanitarian assistance fund at Ukrainian Self Reliance Credit Union;
- Other organizations that assist impacted CT residents and refugees;
- Civic and faith-based organizations serving local Ukrainian communities;
- Charitable opportunities identified by Myron Kolinsky or George Stachiw;
- Ukrainian response initiatives of the World Council of Credit Union Foundation or the National Credit Union Foundation;
- Initiatives endorsed by the State of Connecticut;
- Consider contributing its own funds to incent or match certain donations or fundraising initiatives.
- Replenish the Small Credit Union Fund to help credit unions prepare to defend against possible cyberattacks.